Monday, February 2, 2015

Ranch Tortilla Roll Ups for a Birthday Picnic

To celebrate my grandson's 6th birthday, he requested museum visits in Glasgow!  We managed only to get to the Transport Museum.  He has been here before and it is so child and family friendly that is it a super day out!  And it is free, plus you can bring in your own food and eat at tables scattered throughout the museum.

We had hoped to visit Kelvingrove Museum on the same day, but time ran out and no one was disappointed.  It just gives us another day's activity to look forward to!

Plans for the day included a picnic and, considering this was the end of January, I did wonder exactly where we would be able to enjoy our picnic!  The discovery of those random tables were fantastic!  I was even able to bring in a lovely coffee from a stall outside when I went to our car to bring our food in. In this picture of our indoor picnic, I have no idea why Morgan and Whitney are still wearing their coats, and Whitney is also wearing Corbyn's hat!  Corbyn and I were not wearing coats though!


I decided to make one of our favourite sort of sandwich, but they are really little appetisers if you cut them up the way the recipe shows!  These little rolls are very healthy, loaded with broccoli, red onion and carrots!  Easy to make and I thought they would be nice to share!  Plus, if I put them on my blog, I won't have to search for the recipe every time I decide to make them myself!

Ranch Roll Up Snacks  recipe discovered on the Pillsbury website! 

Adapted from the Pillsbury recipe of the same name

  • preparation15 min
  • 2 hr 15 minutes

Ingredients

1
package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened  (I used low fat)
1
container (8 oz) ranch sour cream dip    (we don't have this dip in Scotland, so I used Ranch salad dressing)
1/2
cup finely chopped broccoli  (this is not alot of broccoli at all!)
1/2
cup shredded carrot
1/4
cup finely chopped red onion
4
slices precooked bacon, chopped  (It is not often, but I found American style bacon, makes it much easier since this kind of bacon crumbles!)
5
Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos, 8 inch (from 11-oz package)  (any type  of tortilla works fine)

Steps

  • 1  Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.  Add dip and mix until well blended.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
  • 2
    Using a spatula or icing knife, spread the mixture onto the tortillas.  Make sure to get the cheese mixture all the way to the edges.

    Roll each tortilla individually and wraps tightly in clingfilm.  . 

    Refrigerate before serving, minimum time would be 2 hours, but I like to leave them overnight.
  • 3These look lovely cut into small, bite size pieces, but they could easily be eaten whole, like a sandwich.  



    "Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors." Alice Walker  

    (This is so true for all the UK and I had to share it!)



    Ranch Roll Up Snacks  recipe discovered on the Pillsbury website! 

Adapted from the Pillsbury website.

  • prep time15 min
  • total time2 hr 15 min
  • ingredients7
  • servings40

Ingredients

1
package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened  (I used low fat)
1
container (8 oz) ranch sour cream dip    (we don't have this dip in Scotland, so I used Ranch salad dressing)
1/2
cup finely chopped broccoli
1/2
cup shredded carrot
1/4
cup finely chopped red onion
4
slices precooked bacon, chopped  (It is not often, but I found American style bacon, makes it much easier since this kind of bacon crumbles!)
5
Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos, 8 inch (from 11-oz package)  (any type  of tortilla works fine)

Steps

  • 1 Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.  Add dip and mix until well blended.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
  • 2Using a spatula or icing knife, spread the mixture onto the tortillas.  Make sure to get the cheese mixture all the way to the edges.
  • 3These look lovely cut into small, bite size pieces, but they could easily be eaten whole, like a sandwich.  






No comments:

Post a Comment