Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baking with Corbyn

Due to the horrible chicken pox, I had not seen my 4 year old grandson for ages!  Alan had the pleasure of seeing him through the first week we were back because he helps ferry Corbyn between nursuries and things. 

His Mum told me what Corbyn was really looking forward to was baking with Maw Maw.  Lucky for him I had just been to Aldi (mainly for fruit and things to make fruit salad and let us get some healthy food in the house).  They had these cute little Loving Cupcake kits marked down to 50pence!  (it was the week after Valentine's Day). 


He was happy with this idea, but rejected the little love hearts!  I guess the boy in him just could not cope with that much romanticism!  Lucky I found chocolate sprinkles that were acceptable to the little chef!
 
 
After allowing his grandparents to share his creation, he then divided the rest between his Mummy and Daddy.  Then Corbyn had the cheek to complain that there wasn't any left for him.  I had to remind him he had already eaten 3 and that was more than anyone else would get.  Not sure it was recognized as a valid argument though!
 


"Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old."
Mary H. Waldrip

No comments:

Post a Comment